Does your relationship leave you feeling like you’re walking on eggshells or deciphering foreign code on a regular basis?
Do you and your partner have periods of harmony rotating with periods of avoidance, tolerance, and/or anger?
If you answered yes to any or all of the above, keep reading to find out what you can do to determine if your relationship is worth the effort to save, or what to do if you’re stuck in a bad situation and can’t leave.
How to Get Help
The first thing you need to do is educate yourself on what the different types of abuse are and how to recognize and differentiate between abusive behaviors, mental illness, and personality disorders.
The top sources I recommend for deep diving are:
- “Women Who Love Psychopaths” by Sandra Brown
- “Surrounded by Psychopaths: How to Protect Yourself from Being Manipulated and Exploited in Business (and in Life)” by Thomas Erikson
- Dr. Ramini’s YouTube Channel
- “Disarming the Narcissist: Surviving & Thriving with the Self-Absorbed” by Wendy T. Behary, LCSW
- “Whistleblower: My Unlikely Journey to Silicon Valley and Speaking Out Against Injustice” by Susan J. Fowler
- “The White Knight Syndrome” by Mary C. Lamia, PH.D. and Marilyn J. Krieger, PH.D.
- “The Hidden Psychology Behind Social Networks” by Joe Federer
Once you feel like you can knowledgeably, and calmly, explain your situation to someone who can help, here are the places I recommend you go:
Resources For Survivors
- Check your local library. Librarians are an excellent free resource for help.
- Check with your local hospital. They can give you a list of community resources to check out.
- If you have a Centerstone in your area, they are a good place to go.
- If you meet the criteria, Skip Orth is a Facebook friend of mine I can personally vouch for, and is the founder of Set Free Refuge.
- Interact with me on my Facebook page. I have the right people watching.
Help Me Write More Insanely Helpful Articles Like This One…
Want to help me stay in business? Click here to purchase items from my Amazon Assistance Wish List or CashApp me at $HandmadeWitchCrafts.
Have Questions or Need More Help?
I understand exactly how confusing starting a new business of any kind can be, especially a handmade craft business. That’s why I started the Handmade Witch Crafts Online Marketplace (formerly known as Handmade in Clarksville).
I wanted a way to help all the handmade business owners I saw struggling, but I’m only one person, so I can’t offer personalized service to everyone. Instead, I promote your products and services alongside my own FOR FREE when you join the Handmade Witch Crafts Online Marketplace Facebook Group.
To take advantage of everything the group has to offer, click here to join now: https://www.facebook.com/groups/handmadewitchcraftsonlinemarketplace.
Get the Tools You Need to Grow Your Business
Get access to all the suppliers, software, and educational resources you need to grow your business inside a Google doc that I’m frequently updating.
This g-doc is organized by topic and contains links to purchase, listen to, or watch every item on the list.
Not only that, but, you can print a copy of the list for yourself any time you want — which is perfect for shopping in bookstores like McKays or Books-A-Million.
You can even bookmark the list in your favorite browser so you have easy access to it all the time.
Pro tip: For Chrome users, create a folder on your bookmarks bar titled “business resources.” Add the link to the g-doc to that folder for easy access to the resources list.
For items on the list that have reviews — like the one you’re reading now — I’ll include a link to the review as well.